26.8.05

Jesus Army Life, Day 44: oops!

I'm making friends with one of the teenagers. He doesn't really trust anyone and talks about violence all the time. Beneath the brooding exterior is a young man who wants to be trusted and counted as worthwhile. It could be a long process but hopefully in sharing quality times with him we might learn to value each other more.

Last night I didn't go to sleep till after 1am. Foolish I know. I just wanted to check my email because I was expecting a reply and there I was, an hour later, playing a computer game. I don't begrudge the time I spent. After the busy evenings I often find I want some me-time, not to be selfish but simply to wind down before I go to bed. Hopefully, I'll be ok, I've got some hard graft rigging video equipment today, a multicultural group tonight and a busy weekend ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment