27.8.05

Jesus Army Life, Day 45: Multi-not

I can't believe I did it again! Same scenario, checking email last thing at night, followed by game till 1pm. Grrrr. Don't I know I need my sleep? It wouldn't be so bad but I find it impossible to sleep-in in the mornings too! Sheeesh Tschaka, get a grip!

Last night's multicultural group was pleasant, except it wasn't very err... multicultural. Out of ten of us I would say there were four non-English faces there. The lack of ethnic mix was symptomatic of the problem we are trying to address. I'm going to have to put in a bit of work between now and the next one in a month's time.

I appreciated the support of the brothers and sisters there however, and I as I said, we had a good time. Let's call it a bit of a trial run.

Anyway, it would be a crime to write this blog without mentioning Winning Weekend, one of the three biggest gatherings the Jesus Army hold each year. It's four days long and started last night. One of the brothers took a bus load of teenagers over for the first session yesterday and we're all there today. It's a great time of hearing God's word, finding refreshing and catching up with friends, and a very useful introduction to Jesus Army life. If you know me, come and say hello. I'll probably be hovering somewhere near the Video desk.

And just a quick shout out to the Dad of one of the sisters who lives here. He visits us quite often and this morning I prayed for his knee which is causing him trouble. So, I'm expecting results!

No comments:

Post a Comment