3.10.05

Entering His rest - Jesus Army Life, Day 82

So the big meeting took place and yesterday life was back to normal. It felt like a breath of fresh air. And I couldn't help a wry smile as I thought about my day: Morning church meeting, household leaders' meeting, drop-in volunteers' meeting, evening gospel meeting. Normal life? Pah! Day of rest? Hmmmm!

But it's not these events that trouble me, it's the relationship fall outs, the intimidation of local yobs, the drug abuse, the lies and emotional manipulation of false friendships, the promiscuity. Issues effecting my life and the lives of those I love. The evil one will not have his way.

Overall these troubles there is glory, I have confidence in the blessing of a God who will not sleep as he watches over this family with blessing.

I lift up my eyes to the hills - where does my help come from?
My help comes from Yahweh, the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip - he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
Yahweh watches over you - Yahweh is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.
Yahweh will keep you from all harm - he will watch over your life;
Yahweh will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.

Psalm 121

1 comment: