7.12.05

A life less ordinary - Jesus Army Life, Day 145

I'm afraid I've nothing much to say today. Well, not much anyway...

I'm reminded that in community there is sometimes this need to feel like you're doing something - because you know that you've abandoned society's norms there's an urge to feel like you're creating a more vibrant lifestyle. I don't quite see things that way. If I'm bored, I'm bored, if I want to party, I want to party, nothing wrong with that. The only rule that is important in community, in the Christian life at all, is love. Loving others, however you feel, whatever you're doing, loving others enough to take you out of yourself, allowing the 'life' of Christ to flow in that given situation, whatever it may be.

In love I find the only vibrancy of life I want to communicate. In love I find the security that makes me whole, that helps me to enjoy the world with eyes opened wide in wonder, that helps me feel with sensitivity and laugh with tenderness. If that love is touching others too, that's all I have to worry about.

I'm probably not saying anything too sensible today, but that's sort of the whole point. I don't need to. I am just happy to be alive, and entering into a life of love.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7/12/05 21:49

    I'm jealous...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8/12/05 10:42

    Jenny, do don't to be, there is enough for all to go round. Just reach for it, then the work begins, because with all things of true value (and this tops the lot!) you have to work at it. The beauty is in appreciating the effort made along with the attainment.

    Darren.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8/12/05 10:43

    You don't have to be* typo's (aaargh

    darren.

    ReplyDelete