14.6.06

Partaking together - Jesus Army Life, Day 323

As we shared the cup from the eucharist last night, a quiet note of pain sang through me. There are many I long to share that cup with who have never chosen to partake and there are some with whom we once shared the cup who no longer wish to do so. It was the actual sharing in Christ's blood which I was thinking of. I can't help but be selfish and want some of those I love to be with me in this... as close as possible. But,
Is not the cup of thanksgiving for which we give thanks a participation in the blood of Christ? And is not the bread that we break a participation in the body of Christ? Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all partake of the one loaf.
1 Corinthians 10:15-17

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous16/6/06 22:03

    it's a risk isn't it? making a covenant like we do with each other. Though we gain much each time someone joins us we are once again making ourselves vulnerable to the pain of...betrayal? is that too harsh a word? Heartache certainly. But i try to remember that there are many who have stayed, that we share in a fraction of the pain that Jesus knows, and that for my part, i will hold true to my side of the covenant with each who has gone.

    ReplyDelete