6.7.06

Go down to the woods

Last night, we took the lads out on a spiritual adventure. We blindfolded them and took them into some woods. At a certain time they were released and told to find their way back to the entrance. The objective? To practice walking with God. They were encouraged to pray as they went, to listen to God to see what he would say to them.

I don't think it worked as well as I hoped. They were all to keen on the challenge of finding their way back. Ho-hum, boys will be boys.

Afterwards we had a fire together and explored the woods further, with much moaning from a couple of the boys about getting home on time, but that seemed to be a manifestation of their autism.

Still, I think it was the best cell group I've ever been part of.

2 comments:

  1. Consider yourself to be alternative? How about selling all you have and sharing your income with a group of disciples, and all to follow a God the world screams doesn't exist? I've decided to make it personal, all my life is to live giving to others. It's because of Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes I do. I am looking to live Jesus' life PRACTICALLY. now of anyone who does? Or who follows Luke 10:1-23 ?

    I think we are missing a lot of God, if we do not obey Luke 10. If it is just for a year or 2, it will be fine also.

    ReplyDelete