3.8.06

Sleeping over - Jesus Army Life, Day 374

I sleep in a room with three bedspaces in it, but currently I'm the only one in there. From time to time (mostly weekends) people stay over and it's great when they do. There's something really cool about sharing your sleeping space, something that harks back to schoolboy days of having your mates stay over. It's certainly a way to make friends quickly. I like that.

We've got a church-wide focus on increasing the number of people living in community at the moment, so I've faith those beds are gonna be filled and soonish. People are certainly keen on the adventure of community, but it's a steep learning curve and we want people to know that when you stay in community you're a disciple - it's a life of fun and sacrifice at the same time.

Last night, I had to explain that to a lad who stayed over and is keen to stay a lot more often. I hope I didn't put him off..... but as our pastor says, "you know a disciple because when you close a door for them they climb in through the window!"

7 comments:

  1. "you know a disciple because when you close a door for them they climb in through the window!"

    I do like that saying,means all sorts to me

    ; ) The TJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. well I have been told not yet 7 times still banging hard on the door June can not come soon enough I could go through the windows but i think that gordon would object to me setting that example to teh kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In fact, the original wise remark was 'You can tell a true disciple because when you shut the door in their face they climb in through the window!..'

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried that once but I was caught by the police...

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww thats mean :'( i cant get through whitestones windows. theyre either too small or got a inside window as well :'( unless....(lightbulb) the patio doors/windows. hmmm.... :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. i do know what you mean by having free spaces in your brdroom... i have 3 empty spaces as well and is very exciting when someone says to me "could you prepare a bed in your room, for a brother that is staying over?". I would prefer to have a brother there all the time...

    ReplyDelete
  7. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

    ReplyDelete