15.8.06

Together again - Jesus Army Life, Day 382

by SunFlowery on flickr.com Last Tuesday we washed one another's feet. There was great joy and intimacy in this sacramental act: sisters and brothers in separate groups, smiling, laughing past the embarrassment, speaking words of encouragement and appreciation. Friendship encapsulated in the guise of the most honourable position on earth - that of a servant.

It was refreshment we were going to need: the following four days exhausted us with the difficult work of constantly giving and constantly meeting new people as we took the gospel to the streets of Worcester and Coventry. We had a great time but it was difficult.

On the final day we geared up for a gospel music extravaganza and the place was packed. Not because of the work we'd done alone, but because the show, Goldsmiths, has a reputation for being a good message with a good time. I'm in contact with some people we met over these last few days.

Tonight the core team gathers together again. We'll have to see what the Lord does and what our hearts are open to but I'm counting on our need to lean on Him, our Servant King, and His ability to come through.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello.
    I found you link to us from your site!
    I was wondering how you found out about us?
    Love the site and blesings
    Chris from Transfiguration community

    ReplyDelete
  3. last week was truely a vision in action for me
    I have waited 15 years to see this happen.
    I do not know about others but i find a campaign a time of rapide but deeply intesive growth in my spiritual walk and although I come through exhusted i am always a different person from the person that went into it.
    thanks whitestone for aloowing me the honour and privaldge of sharing your drive and togetherness

    ReplyDelete