15.1.07

Infinite blessing - Jesus Army Life, Day 532

photo by vsz of flickr.com - part of a brilliant series, check them outLife feels like a major paradox between joy on the one hand and frustration on the other; but I'm doing my best to concentrate on the positives.

It struck me that if you are growing in God you should expect life to be a paradox of joy and frustration - as strange as it might seem. I think, given my druthers, I'd prefer a paradox of peace and tribulation! But I'm not going to complain.

Another thought occurred to me this weekend. It happened while hanging upside down on a child's swing in the park. To keep seeing the world from a child's perspective: fresh-eyed with wonder, always drinking in the sweetjuice of life, you need to have fascinatingly new experiences every day. I've no idea how you do that, but I'm interested in any suggestions.

One thing I know: Jesus embraced life, with all its joy and pain. And I'm not going to let anyone or any experience snatch away the beauty which he has given.

"Cherish your vision and your dreams as they are the children of your soul; the blueprints of your ultimate achievements."

Napoleon Hill


photo by vsz of flickr.com

2 comments:

  1. Druthers:

    One's own way, choice, or preference: If I had my druthers, I'd dance all night.

    From dictionary.com-

    ReplyDelete